New Ventures BC Adds a Second Competition
New Ventures BC is launching a Regional Competition on September 8th this year. It will be exclusively for companies outside of Metro Vancouver and features 3 new seminar topics and $60,000 in cash prizes.
Regional Seminar Series
Seminar 1: October 6, 2010
The Lean Startup
- lean principles in general
- history lean startup as a derivative of lean principles
- myths and counters to those myths
- actual lean startup principles
- case studies
- Tools: Leaps of faith, Hypotheses, Metrics (good and bad)
Seminar 2: November 10, 2010
Perfecting the Package: communicating the essential merits of a new venture
- What you need to communicate to investors
- Components of an investor package
- Essentials of an investor presentation
- Where to find investors
Seminar 3: January 12, 2011
Building the Beast: creating a sales & marketing function for new ventures
- Essential components of a sales & marketing program
- Focusing on the inside sales function
To join the NVBC competition, please contact Angie Schick. To register for the seminars, please see instructions within the individual seminar listings in the VIATeC Events Calendar.
About New Ventures BC
Invest $100 in your technology business idea and learn how to develop it into a profitable company.
New Ventures BC is one of North America’s largest technology business-idea competitions.
It’s like a boot camp for business start-ups, where competition winners share cash prizes.
- Learn from some of B.C’s best business experts at our business-education seminars
- Network with top professionals in business, law, finance, government and academia
- Improve your business and strategies during each round of competition
- Receive advice and insight from mentors In Round 3
- Present your condensed business plan to a panel of ‘angel’ investors, venture capitalists and industry experts in Round 4