Finalists Announced for 2014 VIATeC Technology Awards
May 7th, 2014
The Victoria high-tech sector has announced the finalists for the 13th annual Victoria Advanced Technology Council’s awards.
This year, 49 companies and individuals have been named as finalists in ten categories. The awards will be handed out at a gala evening June 20 at the Victoria Conference Centre.
VIATeC has also announced that Owen Matthews will receive the Colin Lennox Award for Technology Champion, while the VIATeC Member of the Year award will go to Limbic Media.
The record number of finalists were pulled from a total of 108 nominations.
The awards celebrate the achievements of technology companies responsible for making Greater Victoria the fastest growing technology region in B.C.
This year’s Finalists:
Technology Company of the Year:
- CAMACC Systems
- UNIT4 Business Software
Emerging Technology Company of the Year:
- Cloud Practice Inc
- Quaternion Aerospace Inc.
- Red Brick Media
Executive of the Year:
- CAMACC Systems - Ho Kim
- Cloud Practice Inc - Jordan Visco
- Cognilab Technologies - Jose Barrios
- FriesenPress - Tammara Kennelly
- AML Oceanographic Ltd.
- RaceRocks 3D Inc.
Strategy of the Year:
- Atomic Crayon
- Caorda Web Solutions
- FCV Technologies Ltd.
- PlusROI Online Marketing Inc.
- Red Brick Media
Product of the Year:
- Go2mobi: Real-time Bidding Demand-Side Platform
- Kiind: Pay-on-use Gift Platform
- UNIT4 Business Software: Agresso Milestone 4
Employee/Team of the Year:
- Limbic Media
- RingPartner Inc
Employer of the Year:
- Cerner (Island Health Innovation)
- Enrollment Resources Inc.
- StarFish Medical
Start-up of the Year:
- Cognilab Technologies
- Engenuics Technologies Inc.
- TinyMob Games Inc.
- VidTime Online Inc.
- Danita Stewart - SD62
- Mary Chiapetta, Petra Eggert, Jessica Hoyt - SD61
- Tanya Ross - SD61
- Jake West - PSII