Source: CHEK News
2017 VIATEC Technology Awards winners revealed at ceremony Friday night
The best in Victoria’s booming high-tech sector were honoured at the 2017 VIATEC awards on Friday night.
Winners were selected from among 48 finalists in 12 categories while four recipients were selected for prestigious awards.
They included Scott Phillips, founder and CEO of StarFish Medical who was given the Colin Lennox Award for Technology Champion.
“Its very gratifying to be recognized in that way,” said Phillips.
“You look back on it and you realize you probably had a substantial impact in a lot of different ways.”
RevenueWire received the VIATEC Member of the Year Award while ParetoLogic was honoured with the Community Involvement Award.
“ParetoLogic has been a strong contributor to our community for years,” said VIATEC CEO Dan Gunn.
Scott Lake was awarded the Newcomer Award.
The gala event at Victoria Conference Centre featured a Tiki Time Machine theme with attendees encouraged to add a little flare to the evening.
Other winners include:
- Checkfront – Technology Company of the Year (50+ employees)
- SendtoNews – Technology Company of the Year (11-49 employees)
- Momentum Dashboard – Technology Company of the Year (1-10 employees)
- Telmediq – Emerging Technology Company of the Year
- HYAS Infosec Inc. – Startup of the Year
- Go2mobi – Employer of the Year
- Udutu Online Learning Solutions – Team of the Year
- VRX Simulators “6-DOF Simulator” – Product of the Year
- Redlen Technologies – Innovative Excellence – Hardware
- TrichAnalytics Inc – Innovative Excellence – Software
- Kim Krenzler – RevenueWire – Leader of the Year
- Hunter Macdonald – Tutela Technologies – Emerging Leader of the Year
- Rasool Rayoni – Angel of the Year