VIATEC Board Nominations are now Open!
August 7, 2019 (VICTORIA, BC) - VIATEC is excited to announce the call for nominations for its 2019/20 Board of Directors. The 2018/19 year has been a positive and exciting one, in part to the incredible contributions made by the current Board.
VIATEC has 14 seats on its Board, and each year there are 7 seats up for election. Being on VIATEC's Board of Directors is a great way to get more involved in Greater Victoria's technology sector, get an inside look at strategic goals (including supporting the local tech industry in growing to $10 billion in revenues by 2030), and to connect with fellow community members.
Nominees should have a strong commitment to their community, want to make a positive impact and have a reliable work ethic their fellow directors, and the VIATEC staff can depend on.
If you would like to put your name forward as a candidate, please follow this link to complete the nomination form no later than September 19, 2019 at 3pm. Please ensure you meet the qualifications required before filling out the nomination form.
Board nominations will be elected at our next AGM. Please review the qualifications and expected commitment of VIATEC board members:
QUALIFICATIONS TO SERVE AS A DIRECTOR:
1. Must be a VIATEC member in good standing and at least 18 years of age.
2. In order for a person to be elected to the board of directors of VIATEC (the “Board”) in accordance with Part 4 of the bylaws of VIATEC (the “Bylaws”), he or she must:
- at the time of his or her election, have been, or be representing an entity that has been, an active member of VIATEC for at least the past 12 months; and
- maintain an active membership throughout his or her term of office.
3. Review all materials sent out in advance of monthly Board meetings and attend meetings as often as possible (75% attendance required)
4. May or may not participate in at least one board committee (75% attendance required):
Finance & Audit
5. Some board members will be “point” on specific strategic goals
6. Participate in the annual strategic planning process
7. Whenever possible, attend VIATEC events (seminars, conferences).
Follow this link to complete the nomination form
- Call to Order for AGM - September 26, 2019
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of September 27, 2018
- Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report
- Appointment of Auditors
- Special Resolution to Amend Bylaws of VIATEC
- Special Resolution to Ratify Board Member Nomination and Election Policy
- Set Number of Directors and Elect Directors
- Board’s Report
- Other Business
Please note, you will be contacted directly by a board member prior to our AGM. If you have any inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.