Workshop Series: Jan-May 2021
The DIGITAL Design + Development faculty at North Island College invite proposals for the workshop series Ingenuity on the Edge, a series of high-quality intense workshops in cutting edge or unique design and development techniques, to be held virtually throughout the winter 2021 academic semester.
The audience for Ingenuity on the Edge includes DIGITAL faculty, students, staff, and the digital design and development community. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to): XR applications
(particularly AR); PWAs and modern architectures and toolchains; eCommerce with WordPress; digital marketing (especially advertising and SEO); ‘in the trenches’ product development workflows (especially
relating to remote working conditions); and native iOS and Android development. Workshops should be two to three hours in length and meet the following criteria:
- Current and unique uses of technology and processes: Demonstrates a technology, process
or toolchain that is topical and relevant to current design and development practices, or that
demonstrates a unique approach to design and development practices.
- Design and development focus: Demonstrates technical depth within either the design or
development domains, but takes a holistic view of design and development practices and appeals
in some capacity to both.
- Interactive: Workshop activities include clear direction and supplementary materials to support
participant success in a virtual environment.
Please submit proposals of 500 words or less to email@example.com, along with a proposed date for the workshop (see important dates below) by December 23rd 2020. Successful applicants will be contacted as soon as possible. Workshop speakers will be offered a fee of $1000 to produce and run the workshop.
DIGITAL Design + Development at North Island College is a Canadian leader in digital skills education offering eight-month, two-year and three-year diploma programs focusing on design and development skills for website and mobile app production. DIGITAL graduates have gone on to successful design and development careers locally and internationally and continue to be important members of their respective
design and development communities.
If you have questions, or you would like to propose a different activity, or one that doesn’t fit within the criteria listed above, please get in touch with Ashley Blacquiere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call for participation Dec. 11, 2020
- First-round proposals due Dec. 23, 2020
- Proposal accept notification Dec. 30, 2020 Remaining workshops to be scheduled (up to three).
- First workshop date (tentative) January 22, 2021
- Second workshop date (tentative) February 19, 2021