Growing your team this upcoming year?
Whether you are a tech or non-tech company, you're now eligible to hire a student with up to $10,000 in ISI Grants! The program has been extended and eligibility has expanded to allow non-tech companies to fill tech roles.
Applications open and accepted on a rolling basis. Program extension runs from May 1, 2020 - April 30, 2021.
To qualify for an ISI Grant, you must be a BC based:
- Tech company or tech focused non-profit hiring for a business or tech role (same as before)
- Business or non-profit hiring for a tech role (new!)
You must also be able to provide entrepreneurial and skills training to the student (same as before)
Student eligibility has not changed. As always, your student:
- Is not a co-op student for the semester they would be receiving grant funding
- Is enrolled at an accredited BC post-secondary school or is taking one semester off (ie. summer)
- Can work part-time or full-time
- Can complete modules 1 and 2 of online Market Validation Training while at work
International students and students working on contract (rather than as employees) are eligible, so long as they meet the above requirements.
Unsure if you qualify, don't count yourself out. Email us at email@example.com.
Important COVID-19 Update
In regards to COVID-19, all of our ISI Program Staff currently are working remotely and are processing grants as usual.
If you currently have an ISI Grant and need to reduce hours due to work closures, we will still accept grant payments up to $1000 minimum ($2000 in student salary) and will consider other exceptions where needed.