Accelerate Okanagan has expanded its program offering to further support the BC Southern Interior tech community. Developed for early stage entrepreneurs and career-changers, the Startup Basics Program supplies participants with the tools and resources to accelerate their idea to the next stage in their entrepreneurial journey.
Startup Basics is comprised of weekly sessions and seminars occurring from September to December 2015. Sessions are presented by community organizations, as well as Accelerate Okanagan Executive in Residence mentors, partners, clients, and alumni. Each session is designed to educate the entrepreneur on the fundamentals essential to developing their startup.
“Delivering the building blocks of a solid business foundation, our Startup Basics program comes out of our Community Development team as a way of providing helpful resources to the BC Southern Interior startup community. With the addition of our webinar feature, we have made this program easily accessible and formatted to suit any stage of startup. Accelerate Okanagan is fortunate to have a broad spectrum of expertise in our Partners and EiRs; with their participation in this initiative we are able to help startups thrive with competence, connection, and community,” says Pilar Portela, CEO of Accelerate Okanagan.
- Entrepreneur Support Ecosystem
- Startup Basics: Legal & Accounting
- Value Proposition and Customer Discovery
- Turn your Idea into Reality: Prototyping and Testing
- Startup Basics: Project Management
- Legal and Insurance: Protecting your Business
- Product and Market Fit Startup Basics: Metrics
- Hiring Contractors and Creating Contracts
- CEO vs. Co-Founder
- Funding Mechanics for Startups
- Perfecting Your Business Pitch
- Introduction to the Business Model Generation
For only $25.00/session, get inspired and learn how to take the next step with your business idea. Please click here for session schedule and registration information. Space is limited, so please register early! Can’t make it to Kelowna? Don’t worry, we’ve got it covered. Register to watch a live webinar of each scheduled session.