For the 15th year, VIATEC is challenging companies in Victoria to compete in an effort to raise $100K in food and cash donations for the Mustard Seed Food Bank! A large percentage of our community members are employed families struggling to make ends meet. The Mustard Seed does an amazing job providing support, helping 7000 people/month, but they can always use more help... and that’s where we come in! Keep in mind that food donations are great, but cash goes a longer way!
WHEN AND WHO?
The VIATEC Food Bank Challenge runs until December 1st.
We welcome ALL companies located in the Greater Victoria area to participate; non-tech companies too!
- AES Engineering
- Avocette Technologies
- Codan Radio Communications
- Illumina, Inc.
- Latitude Technologies Corporation
- Limbic Media
- Pacific Landing
- RaceRocks 3D Inc.
- RBC Commercial Financial Services
- Schneider Electric
- Silkstart Technologies
- StarFish Medical
- Stocksy United
- Vecima Networks
- Vigil Health Solutions Inc.
VIATEC will recognize two categories: the Greatest Overall Contributor and the Greatest Per Employee Contributor. Participants will be thanked and recognized throughout the challenge and the winners will be celebrated at the VIATEC Member Nog ‘n Mingle on December 14th, 5-7pm (details TBA).
Since its inception, $2,071,563.94 value of food and cash has been donated from participating Greater Victoria companies! Last year $76,664.60 in cash and 5,441 pounds of food was donated to the Mustard Seed Food Bank, but there’s so much more that we can do! Let’s show all of Victoria how our community gives back!
PARTICIPATE BY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Accepting the Challenge! Your company will have 5 weeks to raise as much cash and/or non-perishable items as you can.
- Making a personal donation right here in support of one of the competitors
- Going out to a few of the competitors fundraising events!
- Donating towards VIATEC CEO's "Stairway to HELLp" campaign!