2016 VIATEC Food Bank Challenge!
Once again, we are challenging companies in Victoria to compete in an effort to raise as much food and donations as possible for the Mustard Seed Food Bank.
A large percentage of our community members are employed families struggling to make ends meet. The Mustard Seed does an amazing job providing support, helping 7000 people/month, but they can always use more help... and that’s where we come in! Keep in mind, with the Mustard Seed’s buying power, cash goes even further than food donations!
This is a community-wide effort that challenges not only VIATEC member companies, but any individual/company in Victoria!
Since its inception in 2002, $1,981,296.84 worth of food and cash has been donated to the Mustard Seed through companies participating in the VIATEC Food Bank Challenge.
You can donate directly to the cause on this page, OR you contact Sarah Ing at email@example.com to join the challenge!
The challenge runs from November 7th to December 2nd. Winners will be revealed at VIATEC's Member Christmas Party (date TBA).
Every donation will be greatly appreciated by families in need!
You can donate directly to the cause on this page. Follow these instructions:
How to donate online:
- Narrow in on your desired donation using the "Ticket Name" column
- Set your exact donation amount using the "Quantity" selector column
- Confirm your donation by clicking "Purchase Tickets"
- Donations of $20 or more will receive a tax receipt from the Mustard Seed. To receive, companies must include donator's name and address on tally sheet.
- **Want your donation going towards a specific company's tally? Enter their company name when purchasing! See "2016 Participants" tab to see the list.**
- Encourage others to donate too!
How to donate in person:
- Reach out to a participating company to donate cash or non-perishables
- Drop off non-perishables to Fort Tectoria's blue bin (777 Fort St)
- Add a donation to your bill at Ground Control Cafe (777 Fort St)
- Join the challenge yourself! [Download the Info Package]
The Food Bank Challenge is open to any Victoria-based company - the more the merrier! This fundraiser is running from November 7th - December 2nd - the sooner you get involved the more that can be raised!
Contact Sarah Ing at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the challenge!
Greatest Overall Contributor
First Place - Carmanah Technologies: $16,305.72
First Runner-up - RevenueWire: $9,897.74
Second Runner-up - Schneider Electric: $8,896.70
Greatest Per Employee Contributor:
First Place - Carmanah Technologies
First Runner-up - Simply Rooted Media
Second Runner-up - Smart Dolphins IT Solutions
The 13th Annual VIATEC Food Bank Challenge was a very exciting and eventful one. A total of $73,885.12 in cash and 1000lbs of food (worth $2800) was raised in 4 short weeks from November 9th to December 4th, bringing the final 2015 total to a whopping $128,320.88 ($47,135.76 in cash + $4500 in food was raised in February).
With the Mustard Seed’s buying power, the cash donation amount doubles to $242,041.76. Since its inception, the VIATEC Food Bank Challenge has raised a total of $1,981,296.84.
- Avocette Technologies
- AXYS Technologies
- Carmanah Technologies Corp.
- Collect! Credit & Debt Collection software
- Codan Radio Communications
- Complia Health
- Crowd Content
- CUBE Global Storage
- Frankie's Modern Diner
- FTS Forest Technology Systems
- GlobalWide Media
- HP Advanced Solutions
- IndyKey Rewards
- Latitude Geographics Group
- Monk Office
- MUSIC Group Innovation CA Inc.
- Schneider Electric
- Smart Dolphins IT Solutions
- StarFish Medical
- Technology Guys IT Solutions
- Tourism Victoria
- Vecima Networks
- VIATEC & Ground Control Cafe
- Victoria Airport Authority
- Victoria Flying Club
- Vigil Health Solutions Inc.