Due to COVID-19, voting for VIATEC Board of Directors can only be done online from Sept 10 to Sept 22, 2020. There will be no voting for Board of Directors during the virtual AGM
Notice of Annual General Meeting of Members And Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors
NOMINATIONS CLOSED SEPTEMBER 4, 2020
THE VICTORIA INNOVATION, ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP COUNCIL NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the Members of the VICTORIA INNOVATION, ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP COUNCIL (“VIATEC”) will be held Virtually on September 24, 2020 at the hour of 1:00 o’clock in the afternoon, for the following purposes:
(1) To receive the minutes of the 2019 Annual General Meeting;
(2) To receive the minutes of the 2020 Extraordinary General Meeting held on August 11, 2020;
(3) To receive and consider the financial statements of VIATEC - updated Sept. 17/20 and to receive the report of the auditors thereon;
(4) To appoint auditors for the ensuing year and to authorize the directors to fix the remuneration of the auditors;
(5) To set the number of directors and announce the elected new directors
(6) To receive the report of the directors; and
(7) To transact such further or other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
DATED at Victoria, British Columbia, August 21, 2020
VIATEC is using SmartBallot to facilitate online voting for the 2020 Annual General Meeting. SmartBallot servers are located in Canada, and utilize end-to-end encryption. By participating in the 2020 Annual General Meeting, you authorize VIATEC to collect and use your personal information for the purposes of identifying you and recording your votes in this Annual General Meeting, and to share that personal information with SmartBallot to the extent necessary to identify you and record your votes.
Vote for your Board of Directors
--Voting is now closed as of 4pm on September 22, 2020--
- Click here to review the 2020-21 VIATEC Board nominees, their bios and video submissions. Voting will close on September 22, 2020 and is not available during the AGM.
- Click here to review the 2020-21 Board Skills Matrix. Please note: based on the returning board members and this year's candidates skills and experience, we have not identified any key areas of concern or gaps that merit special attention.
Please review the qualifications and expected commitment of VIATEC board members:
- Must be a VIATEC member in good standing and at least 18 years of age.
- A board candidate must have led or worked at a VIATEC member company in good standing for at least 12 months before standing for election.
- Only one candidate per/company can run for election.
- Review all materials sent out in advance of monthly Board meetings and attend meetings as often as possible (75% attendance required)
- May or may not participate in at least one board committee (75% attendance required):
- Finance & Audit
- Some board members will be “point” on specific strategic goals
- Participate in the annual strategic planning process
- Whenever possible, attend VIATEC events (seminars, conferences)
Please visit the Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors 2020 for full details.
- Call to Order for AGM - September 24, 2020
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on September 26, 2019
- Minutes of the 2020 Extraordinary General Meeting held on August 11, 2020
- Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report
- Appointment of Auditors
- Set Number of Directors and announce the elected Directors
- Board’s Report
- Other Business
Please login to Zoom 5 minutes prior to the AGM and check-in with the scrutineer - Georgia Cowell. This will ensure Quorum is met, thank you.
“RULES” For Zoom during AGM
- Login and announce yourself with the Scrutineer – Georgia Cowell
- Mute your mic afterwards
- If you have a question, please press the raise your hand function and so you can be heard
- For voting purposes raise your hand for votes in motion
‘RULES’ for Digital voting prior to the AGM
- An email will be sent to you asking for an email confirmation from SmartBallot prior to online voting opening. Your Primary contact will receive the email.
- When Voting opens, a second email will be sent with a link and a unique PIN.
- Only member companies have full voting privileges and only 1 vote per/company.
- If the primary CEO cannot vote please let us know.
- Complete your identity verification - enter your PIN and Date of Birth. Generic emails are not considered unique.
- Online voting will open Sept. 10th and close Sept. 22nd, no exceptions.
Any Member can activate their profile - but only eligible voters will be able to VOTE. Eligible Voters will be issued their PIN following your profile activation and when the voting event begins for your New Board Directors.
Please note, Rob Bennett will be the Proxy Holder for this year's AGM.
Digital Voting brought to you by: