World Information Architecture Day is a one-day annual celebration hosted by the Information Architecture Institute and held in dozens of locations across the globe.
This year’s theme is “Design for Difference”.
It is our responsibility as IAs to consider the consequences and impact our design decisions have on humanity and society as a whole.
So, what differences are we are designing for?
- Difference in ability and disability
- Difference in access to information and technology
- Difference in language and cultural understanding
- Difference in age, gender, and identity
- Difference in experience
“Different is the new normal we should be designing for.” – inclusive design strategist Elise Roy at the 2018 IA Summit in Chicago.
- How do we as information architects and designers design for this difference?
- What is this difference that we’re designing for?
- How can we better understand it and become more engaged and mindful for our different and diverse users?
- How might we communicate this understanding to others and provide more meaning and depth?
Come join us and be part of this discussion.
For more information about the event, the schedule, our speakers and gracious sponsors, please visit the World IA Day Victoria event page.
We have a number of prestigious speakers both locally and beyond to share on a variety of topics.
- Karyn Zuidinga of NextWAVE Innovation Inc.
- Generating Positive Turbulence to Make Space for Difference
- Jen Reiher of Benevity
- Why your design system is like a subway
- Aaron Johnson of Benevity
- Designing for Inclusion and Belonging
- Liv MacIntosh of VERB Interactive
- Designing for Colour Difference
- Marianne Sweenie from the Information Architecture Institute
- Designing for AI with IA
- Lunch from Salt & Pepper Fox
- Designing for Difference Workshops
- Lightening talks, more presentations
- Birds of feather and Workshop presentations
- PRIZES and discounts! (Axure, Optimal Workshop, Rosenfeld media, Loop 11)
A gracious thank-you to our host and local sponsors:
Camosun College, Benevity and Verb Interactive.