Tessa Bousfield posted an articleThe board will continue to work on the goal of growing the sector into a $10 billion entity by 2030 see more
Source: Times Colonist
Author: Andrew Duffy
Rayani to lead region’s tech council board
The Victoria Innovation, Advanced Technology and Entrepreneurship Council will have a new face at the head of its board table as Rasool Rayani steps in as chairman for the year.
Rayani replaces Colin How, who will act as past chairman for 2017-18. Also elected to the board’s executive are Bobbi Leach as vice-chair, Robert Bowness as chair of the finance committee, Mark Longo as chair of the foundation committee and Brianna Wettlaufer as chair of the governance committee.
VIATEC chief executive Dan Gunn said the board will continue to work on the goal of growing the sector into a $10 billion entity by 2030, based on combined annual revenues of all the region’s companies. That would more than double existing combined revenue.
The tech sector in Victoria has grown to include 880 businesses and employs more than 15,000 directly. It also counts another 3,000 consultants and 5,000 others who work in tech jobs within larger firms and government. VIATEC's membership has doubled to 560 members over the past two years.
“We are blown away by the level of interest and calibre of the candidates for this year’s board election,” said Gunn. “While I did not envy them in the tough choices they had to make, the members did a great job electing a board that closely reflects the broader membership and the VIATEC team is looking forward to working with them.”
Also on the board are Jim Balcom, Robert Cooper, Scott Dewis, Justin Love, Owen Matthews, Masoud Nassaji, Christina Seargeant and Nicole Smith.
Tessa Bousfield posted an articleNotice of Annual General Meeting of Members And Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors see more
Notice of Annual General Meeting of Members
Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors
THE VICTORIA INNOVATION, ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP COUNCIL
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the Members of the VICTORIA INNOVATION, ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP COUNCIL (“VIATEC”) will be held at Fort Tectoria, 777 Fort Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 1G9 on September 29, 2016 at the hour of 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon, for the following purposes:
(1) To receive the minutes of the 2015 Annual General Meeting;
(2) To receive and consider the financial statements of VIATEC and to receive the report of the auditors thereon;
(3) To appoint auditors for the ensuing year and to authorize the directors to fix the remuneration of the auditors; and
(4) To set the number of directors and to elect the directors;
(5) To receive the report of the directors;
(6) To transact such further or other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournments thereof.
DATED at Victoria, British Columbia, August 12, 2016
VIATEC Annual General Meeting
Board Nomination Form
If you would like to put your name forward as a candidate please follow this link to complete the nomination form.
Please review the expected commitment of VIATEC board members:
- Must be a VIATEC member in good standing
- Review all materials sent out in advance of monthly Board meetings and attend meetings as often as possible (75% attendance required)
- May or may not participate in at least one board committee (75% attendance required):
- Finance & Audit
- Some board members will be “point” on specific strategic goals
- Participate in the annual strategic planning process
- Whenever possible, attend VIATEC events (seminars, conferences)
- Call to Order
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of September 24, 2015
- Financial Statements and Auditor’s Report
- Appointment of Auditors
- Set Number of Directors and Elect Directors
- Board’s Report
- Other Business
AGM STARTS AT 5PM SHARP FOLLOWED BY NETWORKING