Tessa Bousfield posted an articleCanadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Initiative Accepting Applications - Spring 2018 Cohorts (February–June 2018)Application Deadline is January 10, 2018 see more
Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) Initiative Accepting Applications - Spring 2018 Cohorts (February–June 2018)
Application Deadline January 10, 2018 - Apply Here
The Canadian Technology Accelerator Initiative (CTA) helps high-potential, high-growth Canadian technology SMEs seeking to expand to the U.S through a 5 month program of workshops, events, mentorship and business introductions. More information is available here.
The Trade Commissioner Service developed the CTA initiative in response to the need for Canada’s high potential, small technology companies to access global business opportunities. In four years of programming, 467 companies have participated in the CTA.
CTAs presently operate in 6 cities, covering 3 sectors: life sciences, cleantech and digital technologies (ICT).
The CTA targets different sectors and coordinates events in cities where those sectors are most prominent.
VIATEC posted an articleCTA @ Boston can connect your business to the unique resources and contacts in New England. see more
The Canadian Technology Accelerator in Boston (CTA @ Boston) is a 4-month immersion program that connects your business to the unique resources and contacts in New England to help accelerate your growth. The benefits of participating in the CTA and the resources in Greater Boston are highlighted below.
WHO: Accelerator candidates are small to mid-sized Canadian companies from Life Sciences, ICT, Sustainable Technologies, Robotics and Security technologies, and Emerging Food Product sectors, with initial traction in the market, differentiated technology, and potential to scale the business through the CTA experience in Boston.
WHY: Participate in the CTA@Boston to:
· refine your company’s growth strategy with feedback from experienced industry experts
· Identify and meet potential strategic partners
· identify potential funders
· get connected with new clients
WHAT: The CTA@Boston offers the following to resident companies:
- Space/services at the Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square, overlooking the MIT campus, for up to 4-months
- Trade Commissioner's Assistance – including connections in the territory to help meet your goals.
- Team of Mentors – from the Canadian Mentoring Service – CMS mentors comprise a select group of Canadians based in New England who are C-level executives from global technology and life science companies, successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and angel investors who are passionate about giving back to Canada by mentoring and growing a new generation of successful Canadian-led companies at the CTA@Boston
- Access to the Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England (CENE) network (www.TheCENE.org)
- Pitch Coach to refine your investor, partner, or client-focused presentation
- Member privileges at key industry associations (MassBio, MassMEDIC, MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge, Mass TLC, New England Clean Energy Council (NECEC), New England Health Information Management Systems Society (NEHIMSS), TIE - Boston (The Indus Entrepreneurs Annual Conference is Tie- Con)
- Introductions to potential industry partners/funding groups/customers
- Learning Opportunities
“Think Big! CTA @Boston CEO Leadership Forum”
“Stay Hungry! CTA@Boston Lunch + Learn”
- Weekly CTA Client Newsletter highlighting upcoming events/opportunities
You’ll find the following resources in the Greater Boston area:
- Highest Concentration of Global Technology and Biopharmaceutical companies in the world
- Strong technology and innovation cluster – over 2000 companies - (Microsoft, Google, Amazon, EMC, Akamai, IBM,Nuance,…)
- Over 600 biotechnology companies
- World renowned research institutions -100+ academic institutions - (MIT, Harvard, Tufts, Northeastern)
- 120+ Venture Capital Firms, Corporate VCs and Angel investors interested in Canadian technologies
The online CTA@Boston application will close Thursday, October 15, 2015 at close of business. More information at: CTA@Boston website.
Click here for CTA@Boston Application