Tessa Bousfield posted an articleThe TenTen Sediment Reduction Project is a massive undertaking that has been going for over 2 years see more
Victoria Airport Authority completes TenTen Creek Project at YYJ
The VAA has been working with local partners on this project such as Peninsula Streams, Shore keepers, Transport Canada and the Tseycum First Nation. The project team includes, Kerr Wood Leidal as lead engineer, SLR Environmental and Watershed Ecological for environmental management and Rodd Excavating as the general contractor.
The TenTen Sediment Reduction Project is a massive undertaking that has been in the planning phase for over two years.
The scope of the project includes:
- Reprofiling and armouring two large over-steepened banks that are part of the federal dumpsite to reduce future erosion.
- Construction of two large sediment traps to reduce sediment load into the receiving waters at Patricia Bay.
- Improve creek plantings and rip-rap to encourage aquatic habitat.
- Remove visible garbage from the sections of the dumpsite.
- Modify the current water flow in sections of the creek to reduce future bank erosion.
VAA and its partners have been active stewards of the local watersheds for many years. This project continues to show strong environmental leadership by restoring areas of concern that pre-date the airport authority taking control of the property in 1997.