Tessa Bousfield posted an articleThe Most Concurrently Played Dungeons & Dragons Game on Steam, Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms, Coming to PlayStation ®4 and Xbox OneIdle Champions is the world's first strategy management game set in the Forgotten Realms see more
The Most Concurrently Played Dungeons & Dragons Game on Steam, Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms, Coming to PlayStation ®4 and Xbox One
VICTORIA, BC – November 27, 2018 - Codename Entertainment is proud to announce Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms will be available for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One this December in North America.
Idle Champions is the world's first strategy management game set in the Forgotten Realms from Dungeons & Dragons and is already available in Early Access on Steam for PC and Mac, iPad on the App Store, and for tablet for Android on Google Play.
Here are a few highlights:
- Most-played Dungeons & Dragons game on Steam (by concurrent players).
- Top 20 F2P game on Steam (by concurrent players).
- Top 100 Most Played Steam game (Top 0.5%)
- 45.9 million cumulative hours played since launch.
Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms is a strategy management game where players must assemble and organize a party of Champions to master the art of Formation Strategy. Players unlock new Champions, upgrade them with special abilities, and quest for epic weapons such as Drizzt Do'Urden's Icingdeath and Twinkle. The key to success is learning how to best combine each Champion's abilities to maximize their potential and defeat an onslaught of increasingly powerful monsters.
- Unlock Renowned Champions: Collect famous and infamous Champions from the history of Dungeons & Dragons, including fan-favorites from Forgotten Realms novels by R.A. Salvatore and Erin M. Evans, as well as popular web series like Force Grey: Lost City of Omu, Acquisitions Incorporated: The “C” Team, and Dice, Camera, Action! With Chris Perkins.
- Formation Strategy: The key to completing adventure is mastering Formation Strategy, discovering and managing the Champions and synergies needed to defeat the infinite waves of enemies.
- Explore the Forgotten Realms: Take your Champions on a ‘grand tour’ of Faerûn’s famous Sword Coast, exploring familiar locations within the Forgotten Realms like the City of Splendors - Waterdeep! The game launches on consoles with campaigns inspired by the official Dungeons & Dragons tabletop role-playing game adventures Tomb of Annihilation, Curse of Strahd, and Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.
- Regular Events: The game is updated regularly with limited-time events and additional campaign adventures. Completing events unlocks new Champions and equipment for the player's collection.
Digital Press Kit: http://bit.ly/IdleChampionsDPK
Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms will be available for PlayStation®4 on December 11th and Xbox One on December 14th, 2018 in North America. For more information on Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms go to www.IdleChampions.com.
About Idle Champions
Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms is the world’s first strategy management game set in the celebrated universe of the Forgotten Realms. It is the first licensed Dungeons & Dragons video game made in partnership between Codename Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast.
About Codename Entertainment
Codename Entertainment Inc. is the award-winning indie video game studio based in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. The studio's previous game, Crusaders of the Lost Idols, has stayed in the Top 1% of games by concurrent player count on Steam since launching in 2015. It is also one of the Most Played games out of more 117,000 on Kongregate.com, and is consistently ranked in the Most Popular Games on Armorgames.com.
About Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards' players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons. For more information about our world-renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com