Not a VIATEC member yet? Join today to receive this exclusive deal and other member benefits.
CURRENT SITUATION & WHAT IS NEEDED
The last year has brought dramatic changes and job market upheaval to employers and candidates alike. Our region is facing the dual challenges of a growing number of candidates considering opportunities outside of their home region, combined with companies growing rapidly and needing more talent than our region currently can provide. As a result, we need tools to help us understand: 1.) which unique differentiators we hold and how we must adapt to keep our skilled talent, and 2.) how we must meet the needs and expectations of out-of-region candidates during the recruitment process.
To meet this moment, VIATEC is working with BenchMarket to deliver the TechEdge Survey for our community. This will result in a completely new suite of compensation and talent research to address our community’s needs for:
- Insight into the compensation practices of other tech hubs across Canada AND a cut specific to the Greater Victoria region
- Biannual data releases to keep up with the pace of compensation changes with insights into salary increases
- The whole picture of employee recognition beyond compensation that accounts for non-financial benefits, wellness practices, and other human resource programs
- The ability to understand how cost of living and compensation across regions are related
PRICING & WHAT’S INCLUDED
For accurate data that will enable us to grow and compete as a region, we must get input and insights from organizations of all sizes, stages, and subsectors. To enable this, we are offering subsidized pricing to all participants.
For $400*, VIATEC tech company member** participants receive the following through BenchMarket's TechEdge Survey:
- Comprehensive tech sector salary survey
- Published twice per year: Nov 2021 and May 2022. The first submission deadline is Oct 15th, 2021 and the first publish date is Nov 23, 2021.
- Initially, this will include Greater Victoria, and Ontario tech hubs. VIATEC is actively working with other tech hubs across Canada to expand this survey nationally.
- Includes over 100 job families, from entry levels to executive positions.
- Each Job Family matching to a NOC code, enabling comparison cost of living research
- Data is segmented to allow for anonymity, while enabling as much regional and role specific differentiation as possible
- 7 Annual Human Resource Programs reports, segmented provincially (published annually in May)
- Published in May
- Wellness, Leave and Pension
- Cash Bonus and Incentive Plans
- Performance Management
- On-call Pay
- Stock Options programs
- Travel Programs
- Annual Turn Over Statistics
- Annual complimentary reports for participating members
- Salary Increase Survey – just in time for budget and salary planning
- Published in October (find out what the average salary increases are in the tech sector).
- Student Programs Survey for New Grads & Co-op Students
- Published in December (find out the going rate for co-ops and new grads from tech and business programs).
*Great data requires openness and sharing from all organizations, and we highly encourage participation. In the rare case where a VIATEC technology company member requires access to this talent data but is unable to contribute data, we are able to offer access to the Greater Victoria salary data only for $1,600. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
**Unlike other salary survey offerings, BenchMarket’s TechEdge survey is exclusively designed for tech companies. In order to maintain data privacy and ensure relevance to the tech community, the following VIATEC membership types have access to purchase and participate: Tech Org, Tech Startup, Tech Up Island, Sustaining Patron, Community Builder.
Our technology company isn’t a VIATEC member, how do we participate?
Joining VIATEC as a technology company member is quick, and gives you access to job posting discounts, event discounts, industry roundtables, mentoring & connections, and much more. Learn more about a VIATEC technology company membership and join us here.
As a non-profit with a mission of creating the most cohesive tech community in the world, we are committed to ensuring this initiative is open to all Greater Victoria tech companies to participate in order to generate excellent data. While our special pricing agreement with BenchMarket is only available to VIATEC members, non-members are able to participate in this initiative here.
Once we register, how do we submit our data and receive the reports?
Upon registration, you will receive access instructions from the BenchMarket team on how to submit your data. For more details, including details on BenchMarket's submission process and support team, view BenchMarket's FAQ and contact details here.